Sunday, June 08, 2008

Doxology

My soul shall magnify the Lord.
My spirit will praise Him for His many gifts.

He has blessed His servant with great riches,
And remembered him in the day of trouble.

In the time of my struggle the Lord heard my prayers.
He did not withhold His ear from the least of His people.

When the heavens foretold of destruction,
When the world seemed to be falling down around me,
My feet stood firmly on solid ground,
On a sure rock that does not waver.

I asked myself, "Who is this man to find such favor?"
Surely he is not one of the great ones.

Yet the Lord Himself watches over the ones He loves.
Behold He has set them aside for all He has planned.

Though the thinking of the wise man betrays him,
Though he says to himself, 'This will be my end'
Those who rely on God are never disappointed.
Even when they weep, their ways are full of joy.

Rejoice, oh my spirit, and know who reigns on the earth.
Magnify the Lord, oh my soul.


I won't say much about the details, but ... I had some major work to do yesterday. It looked like it was going to take all my time to make a deadline, and in the moment when it seemed too difficult I learned that my wife would be going into labor soon. This made my work very difficult indeed.

My wife and child are definitely more important to me than my job or school. Yet still I believe God intervened at a time when I felt very much in need.

It turned out she was not going into labor. I worked through the previous night, yesterday until 3 AM and it was finally done and completely working. Today I can rest, and I feel very much at peace.


6 Comments:

Blogger joyindestructible said...

EEEEE! That's exciting! Don't get too comfortable! Or should I say, rest in the Lord but remain active and ready. It sounds like your baby will be here very soon.

Sunday, 08 June, 2008  
Blogger joyindestructible said...

Hi again,

I forgot to say that I enjoyed the doxology. You know how we ladies are when it comes to babies!

Monday, 09 June, 2008  
Blogger Micah Hoover said...

Hi again,

I haven't forgotten. I'm glad you liked it ;)

Monday, 09 June, 2008  
Blogger Bill Stevenson said...

Oh Congratulations!! Good luck with the work and God Bless the day of your Child's birth!!

Thursday, 12 June, 2008  
Blogger Timothy said...

Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. burning bush!

Saturday, 14 June, 2008  
Blogger Micah Hoover said...

Thanks, Tim and Beastly!

Sunday, 15 June, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home