Monday, August 25, 2008

The Important Thing

If you want to know me, I'll tell you what I believe about God. If you want to know God, I'll direct you to Jesus. I have never seen God but Jesus has. In fact He is the express image of God in the flesh. He was with the Father before time began and God created the worlds and all that inhabits them through Him and in Him. It is Jesus that holds all things together and though He once came to earth in the flesh, He now sits at His Father's right hand. While on earth in bodily form, He died for the sins of us all so that we could be at peace with God and have close fellowship with Him. Through His own blood, Jesus reconciled man to God, despite the continuing sinfulness of humankind. He sacrificed Himself and conquered death by rising from the dead so that sin and death could be fully put to an end when Jesus has put all of His enemies down. All who believe in Jesus can have their sins covered now by simply believing that Jesus is Who is says He is in the Bible and that He died for our sin.


You may wonder how it is possible to know a man who died over 2,000 years ago. Jesus was not just a man but was also the Son of God. He says this of Himself. Also, He died but still He lives. He sits at His Father's right hand and He also lives in those who believe in Him. It is the Holy Spirit Who will reveal Him to you. If you desire to know God, pray that the Holy Spirit would lead you to Jesus that your spiritual eyes and ears would be opened making you able to discern, Jesus. When the Spirit leads you to sit at His feet, take responsibility for your sins. Name them and also confess your heartfelt desire to leave them behind. Acknowledge the price Jesus has paid and accept His sacrifice as full payment to God for all the sin you have committed in the past and all the sin you will commit in the future. Then open your heart and receive, Jesus! When He has made His home, by the power of the Holy Spirit, at the very center of your being, you will never again wonder how it is possible to know Him. You will have become a temple of the Living God! At the moment of salvation, Jesus will become your very best friend; One that is closer than a brother. He is a friend that will never let you down and as you walk through life with Him, He will reveal to you all that you desire to know about God and His plan for you and all others. Not only will you come to know more about God, you will be eternally bound to Him in a Father child relationship with guidance from Him available for all that you will encounter in this life. God, Who was once distant, will become known to you not only as Heavenly Father but also as Daddy and He will be most pleased when you walk through life with your hand in His.

These are the things that I have experienced in Jesus. Though, I have been His now for a very long time and have learned many things about God and have developed my own understanding of Him and the Bible, all that I have learned and added to Jesus is nothing without Him. For all the knowledge that I have, I still stray away and sin and because He loves me so much, I end up at His feet again. There in the same spot where Jesus was revealed to me thirty two years ago, I acknowledge Him, sorrowfully repent for the wrong I have done, and I am reassured of the eternal forgiveness that I have because of the blood Jesus shed for me. All my knowledge belongs to me, is given to me by Him, and the way I live by it will reveal who I am. The more you know about what I believe and observe of me, then to a greater degree will my hypocrisy or faithfulness be revealed to you. What I understand about God is not the important thing concerning you. The important thing is Jesus and the continuing revelation of Him to you, in you, and through you.

Life is short. Don't miss the most important thing. Don't turn away from Jesus.


3 Comments:

Blogger Micah Hoover said...

An excellent summary of the things God has revealed in His Word.

How sad that the very things people pass over quickly are the same things they are dying to hear!

Thanks for sharing your story with us, JoyIndestructible. I've been wanting to write something along these lines, but I can see I would not have done it as well.

Thursday, 28 August, 2008  
Blogger joyindestructible said...

Thank you, BB but I know what you would write would be a fresh take from your own perspective and your writing is exceellent.

God uses all of our various perspectives to reach one another.

Friday, 29 August, 2008  
Blogger Micah Hoover said...

Well said. That is very true.

Saturday, 30 August, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home