Sunday, May 11, 2008

Five Failed Paths To Meaning


One of my old Bible professors posted an excellent article on how not to find meaning in life. Call it what you want, but it is definitely not 'more of the same'.

The post is brief and amazing. I recommend checking it out!

By the way, he's not that old.

The big trap for most people is definetly path number three: Huddle For Warmth.

I think I understand him on the small things (number five). In one sense God has chosen the small things to shame the big things. What I believe he's getting at is how people look so much at the small details (like picking the right mortgage and getting to the gym enough) that they never see the things that actually matter to them.

Also, I'm not sure about his note that 'meaning is something that needs to be received', it's something that I've been tossing around in my brain.

Anyway, it's a great post and I recommend it strongly.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home