Wednesday, April 23, 2008

No More Doubt

Before I knew, Jesus, I doubted God every day. However, I never doubted Satan but feared him for the signs and wonders of Satan are very visible in the temporal world, along with the pain and suffering that are left in their wake. Then Jesus came into my life and opened my spiritual eyes and I no longer feared Satan as I now could see that which is eternal; instead, I began to fear God.

That which is temporal is passing and the time of Satan is growing shorter every day. Come to Jesus, let Him open your eyes to reality, to that which is lasting and cannot fade. Be enfolded within His arms as you also pass from being only temporal into the true reality of the eternal. Be filled with the joy that cannot be dimmed by sorrow, or pain, or disease, or death. Be filled with His Life in the moment that you truly, begin to believe on the Name of the only begotten Son of God. Know the joy of being released from the grip of fear as you come to know the Living God, He Who is more powerful than any temporal trick of the devil; as Jesus reveals to you this all powerful God Who is your Father. To be a child of God is to be cherished forever in the presence of your Daddy.

A HYMN OF FAITH (FROM HABAKKUK 3:17 -19)

Though the fig tree may not blossom,

Nor Fruit be on the vines;

Though the labor of the olive may fail,

And the fields yield no food;

Though the flock may be cut off from the fold,

And there be no herd in the stalls--

Yet, I will rejoice in the LORD,

I will joy in the God of my salvation.

The LORD God is my strength;

He will make my feet like deer's feet,

And He will make me walk on my high hills.


5 Comments:

Blogger John and Megan Franks said...

"Consider what God has done: Who can straighten what He has made crooked? When times are good, be happy; but when times are bad, consider: God has made the one as well as the other." (Ecclesiastes 7:13-14a)

When in doubt, know that God is at the helm.

Wednesday, 23 April, 2008  
Blogger joyindestructible said...

Hi triton,

Isn't it good to be a child of God and have that assurance? How blessed we are in Jesus!

Thursday, 24 April, 2008  
Blogger Micah Hoover said...

Hi Pam,

Your post reminded me of that place where John writes: "The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever."

The desires of the world are passing. I see two ways of reading that. One could say that what they desire will not last long. One could also say that their desire is not serious, but a passing desire. It is a 'suddenness' which fails to give their life any continuity.

Sunday, 27 April, 2008  
Blogger joyindestructible said...

Hi BB,

A third way to look at it is that in Christ my desire for the world is passing away. For me, one who first knew Christ without much of what people call 'head-knowledge', salvation was purely a change of heart that replaced my sinful desires with a desire for God. It was but a flickering flame at first but our God is a consuming fire and His Holy Spirit burns within me. All that is in me that is hay and stubble is burned away as I die daily to my sin and the world created by man through sinful desire. Each new burning creates a void that Jesus fills with more of Himself. It is the end of the process that I look forward to. To that day when I will be just like Him.

Monday, 28 April, 2008  
Blogger Micah Hoover said...

I was looking for the 'mood' of the verse, and that is definitely a third way of looking at it!

Monday, 28 April, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home