Sunday, February 17, 2008

Oh, How He Loves Us So




So we are His portion and He is our prize,
Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes
If grace is an ocean we're all sinking
So heaven meets earth like a sloppy wet kiss and my heart turns violently inside of my chest
I don't have time to maintain these regrets when I think about the way

That he loves us,
Woah, how He loves us
Woah, how He loves us
Woah, how He loves ...


This song draws on a number of devotional themes. The complete lyrics can be found here. One part that stands out to me is the description of how God Himself is the inheritance for His people, and we are His portion.

I cannot forsee large crowds of people lining up to buy this song. As for myself, I did try to buy it at my church bookstore today. They didn't have it. The singer, Kim Walker, sings with such a primitiveness, and as the original composer,
John Mark McMillan, has noted it's not even a worship song.

The simplicity grabbed me, and I was reminded of the indebitedness I have toward God. I recommend giving the video a listen.

Labels:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home