Friday, February 01, 2008

For Your Reflection



I don't recommend searching for "Soren Kierkegaard" on YouTube. There are some strange spanish cartoons, and a puppet show I couldn't understand (the puppet did look somewhat like Kierkegaard). Also there was a video of a girl who named her dog "Kierkegaard".

This clip is an exception. This man has some good life reflections on the berevity of life and the way every person must choice for the limited time in which he remains here.

Also, I don't believe my readers have a lot of familiarity with the Dane, so I thought it might be helpful to provide a distinctive summary on the man's direction. To the extent that I can tell (though I am often fooled) this man seems to have been able to understand what all of this meant for him.

The difference between understanding "a truth" and understanding a truth "for oneself" is itself the difference between objectivity and subjectivity. Kierkegaard is not someone who seeks to tell his audience who Jesus is, but instead demands of his audience to decide who Jesus is for their own selves.

May you be lifted into the realms of heavenly seriousness.
The Burning Bush

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home